Thinking about what you will do after finishing school can be daunting. Below are some links to resources that may be useful to students and parents in preparing for life after school. Please note you will be redirected to an external site. If you have any questions, suggestions or feedback please send us an email!
- Aspirations Longitudinal Study – by Newcastle Uni
- EmployABILITY – includes a student self-assessment tool
- JobOutlook – career quiz tool
- Job Trainer Program Qld – free or low-cost Certificates & Diplomas for 17-24 year olds
- My Future – national career information service
- My Skills – vocational education
- myWAY employability – autism specific career planning tool by the Autism CRC
- Skills Road – a great Australian resource with 360 videos of workplaces and information about career pathways.
- QTAC – Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre
- QUT – Match my skills – Tertiary Education
Articles about careers
- If you’re preparing students for 21st century jobs, you’re behind the times
- What subjects do I choose for my last years of school?
- Is a scientific career worth it?
- Career studies and advice: start early or don’t start at all
- Early ambitions make a big difference to career outcomes
- What do you want to be when you grow up? How children develop aspirations and why it’s important to know
- FYA Report (2016) – 7 new job clusters to help young people navigate the new work order